Re: More fuse talk

You still don't know where the turn signals are getting their power.
With a missing #4 fuse that circuit must be tapping off of another
circuit if it is working. If you are refering to the service manual
M:07:03 #4 on the early vins did power the stop lights also so if #18
is installed and being used the stop lights are getting power from it
and not #4. You could be confusing #5. this supplies power to the
brake light indicater in the instrument panel. It lights up if you are
low on brake fluid or the emergency brake is on. The best thing to do
is to go over everything circuit by circuit. On the subject of fuses
if the fuseholders do not retain their tension they were overheated
and shoud be replaced. As for better connections Eastwood sells a
compound for improving electrical connections. Try
www.eastwoodcompany.com.