Stainless Steel Frame

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <oehcs@xxxx> wrote:

> John Delorean Originally was going to have a stainless steel
frame. Exactly
> why the car was not built without a stainless frame is not
documented to
> my knowledge.

On the subject of Bryan Pearces Stainless Steel Frame, I am planning
on buying a DeLorean this summer and fitting one of his SS chassis to
it - for a number of reasons! Firstly I would like to save a rusted
out DeLorean instead of buying a perfect one, and also I love the
idea of a completely rust proof car.
I have a few questions for the list, hope someone can help me out!

1. How much should a DeLorean with a bad frame cost? There is one on
Ebay at the moment for $8500, seems too much to me for this car,
especially as it also has electrical problems, and it is one of the
first 500 # series, so it might have no updates...

2. A DeLorean with a rusty frame probably was never cared for
properly, so there might be a lot more wrong with the car. Suppose it
sat for a *long* time, could someone who brought a similar car back
to life tell me how much this might cost? For example what would the
total approx. cost incl. labor be to getting all the updates,
electrical and otherwise, SS brake lines etc., done? Also, any other
work usually involved in bringing a neglected DeLorean back to good
condition like replacing items such as fuel lines, fuel pump,
radiator, water pump, hoses, struts, brake pads and stuff like that.

Basically I want it to be a completely reliable daily driver. I'm not
looking for a basket case DeLorean, just one that has rust on the
chassis, I would prefer to find one that is a reliable daily driver
with all the updates already performed, just a bit rusty! What are
the chances of finding such a car?

3. How many hours might it take a DeLorean Service centre to change
the chassis, including swopping over parts from the old chassis?

4. Does anyone on this list have a SS chassis fitted to their car?

Thanks very much for your time!
Best wishes,
John Dore, Ireland.
PS I'll be buying the car in the US, getting all the work done there,
and it'll be staying there (I'll be moving out to the US soon) - I'm
not taking it back to Ireland ;)