Re: Hydraulic Doors on DeLorean?

I've never seen it done on a Delorean. The Bricklin did this.
Problems:

---waiting for the door to open in the rain. Not very fast;
---Most of the early Hydraulic ones were converted to air power.
Nothing quite like spraying hydraulic (i.e. brake) fluid all over
your interior to make your day. Makes the leather shiny though;
---The Air power door required a significant reservoir, I believe
this tank was installed in the rear bumper. More weight and
complexity. A pump somewhere;
---The Bricklin pressurized strut was HUGE (and IMHO ugly) in
comparison to the DeLorean's, and the DeLorean doors are much
heavier. You'd have to leave the torsion bar in place.

All in all the DMC design is pretty elegant, and with the proper
torsion bar adjustments and a remote control you can get the doors
to "pop" open on command.

Dave Swingle===> Please DON'T turn this into a Bricklin thread. I'm
only using it for reference!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Christian Williams <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone ever thought about replacing the gas struts on the
delorean
> with hydraulics? It seems that the benefits to this would be that
the