DMC Houston Event in Arizona

Dear List,

As James briefly mentioned earlier in the day, the Arizona DeLorean Club
will be hosting the second (annual? How about it Stephen and James? ;-)) De
Lorean Motor Company Tech Day at Mesa Auto Works on Saturday, January 20.
Last year, Mr. Wynne came and gave each of the cars there a top-to-bottom
diagnostic and road test. This year, though, Stephen will be bringing James
along as well as Bill Morgan, one of their expert mechanics. They?ll be
demonstrating various procedures, such as window regulator replacement (on
my car), weatherstripping installation, and headliner replacement. Torsion
bar adjustments will also be done.

De Lorean Motor Company will be bringing their motor home and it will be
loaded with any parts the attendees request. Stan Davis, the owner of Mesa
Auto Works (many of the Arizona owners utilize this shop), has been kind
enough to give us full access to his equipment. This is a "goodwill" event.
That is, no labor fees charged if your car is checked out or used as in one
of the demonstrations, but it's a nice idea to purchase the parts from DMC,
since they have made the effort to come here.

Anyone is welcome. I sent out a more detailed mailing to all of the Arizona
owners on my roster, but if anyone on the DML is reading this and I missed
you, e-mail me for the full details (time, directions, etc.). Also, if
anyone else cares to make a road trip out of it, feel free. I can?t
guarantee a prize for furthest miles traveled, but I can try ;-).

So far, I have 13 cars confirmed and 15 owners. And as James mentioned,
they?ll be bringing along one of their 200hp high performance engine cars.
This is the first public showing of the engine, and all attendees will be
given the opportunity to test drive the car.

Feel free to contact myself or Randal Brown (rwbrown(at)mmm.com) for more
details.

Ryan McCaffrey
Arizona DeLorean Club
ryanjm(at)home.com