Finding information in back issues

Subject: a/c blower performance observations (long)
In his response to the subject today, Walt wrote in his last paragraph:

> I tried searching the back issues, but couldn't find anything about it, so I
> had to figure all this stuff out for myself the hard way.

I am guessing, but I think about 70% of the dmcnews postings are somewhat
interesting and of a somewhat acute interest of the "nice to know" variety,
10% is nonsense, 10% is valuable and another 10% is INVALUABLE when you have
that particular kind of trouble with your D.

In his last sentence Walt nailed it right on the head!

Information available in the back issues represent an enormous value, but if
you are looking for help on a specific problem it will take a week or more to
find it, assuming that you know that there is SOMETHING there SOMEWHERE.

Over the last couple of months I have saved the e-mail distribution of
dmcnews and made a feeble attempt to cut, paste and "catalogize" any and all
valuable and invaluable information, indexed to the DMC Service Manual
chapters. With the time I have available I now realize that completion would
take a lifetime, particularly if I get into the back issues!

Occasionally there is a well researched, factual and weIl written posting
(this one by Walt is a good example). I am sure that I am not the only one
that appreciate the value of what we have here, but:
Am I "reinventing the wheel"?
Is somebody already doing this?
Is there a better way?

(Repeating Walt's first sentence above: "If this information is repeated
elsewhere in the DML, then I apologize for posting it again".!)
:-)
Roger