Re: Speedometer Dead

Hi Joel,
It can be anything on the spedometer that died ranging from the
plastic cup on the wheel all the way up to the cable. My suggestion
would be to start from one end and work your way up. Take off the
driver side wheel and inspect the plastic cap. Then check the angle
drive (most common place for failure). Just a quick note, Rob at PJ
Grady has a beefier angle drive made. Its made with all stainless
steel gears (instead of the stock plastic ones) and a heavier drive.
If you angle drive did go, I would recomend getting his new improved
one and replace it. His number is (516) 589-6224. The angle drive is
known to fail litterally over night. Like I said work from one end
up, if you start in different places of the cable, you might drive
yourself crazy. As you seperate the cables from each point, with the
front driver side wheel slightly off the ground (after you checked
the speedo cup) have someone turn the wheel by hand and look at the
cable where you seperated it. If it turns then put it back together
and continue to the next point until you find where it stops turning.
Hope this helps.

Steve