Re: [DML] Front Speakers

>Anyone know any good methods of getting the front speakers back in?

Yeah, just do it! It is tight working in there. For the passenger side, I
ended up removing the glove box and the knee pad so that I could run new
speaker wires. The hardest part is keeping the retaining nuts from sticking
to the speaker magnet. It would almost be worth getting plastic nuts from
the hardware. Another problem was that my replacement speakers were a bit
thicker. They have tweeters mounted in the centers that stick out a little
higher. This presses on the dash pad from the underside creating a slight
bulge, but not bad. If I used spacers to keep the tweeters away from the
dash pad, then the studs would be too short to hold the nuts. I thought
about making an adapter ring similar to spacers used on custom rims, but I
felt that wasn't really needed. What speakers are you putting back in there
anyway?

The driver's side speaker was pretty much the same effort. I removed the
knee pad on both sides so that I could have more room to run the new wire.

I have read posts from people who recommend removing the seats to have more
room to lay in there, but I'm skinny enough that it would have been a waste
of time for me.

Walt Tampa, FL