RE: door light switches and totalled cars

RE: door light switches and totalled cars

Just thought I would jump in with my two bits on these two subjects. PNDC
President-For-Life Arnie Brandon has used the Volvo switches for several
years and reports they were an easy fit. As noted they will lock in so you
can easily turn off your interior lights when in a show etc. Volvo part
number is 1362769.

As for rebuilding or parting out DeLoreans, I have restored 5 and parted out
6 more. I once sold over $5,000 worth of parts off of one in a couple of
weeks, and that was from the windshield forward! But those 6 cars were all
beyond saving due to fire or crash damage, or too many missing parts (like
the entire rear half of the frame and body gone). But I would always try to
save one if at all possible. As noted by others, they aren't making any
more. And contrary to what some have said, you can actually make money at
it as long as you don't count your labor. I've never lost a nickel on a
collector car including the DeLoreans. You just have to use your head and
know what you are getting into. It helps to love working on cars and having
bloody knuckles. Of course having 10,000 spare parts doesn't hurt
either....

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive