Courtesy Light Switch Replacement

Give a man some extra time and experience with automated assembly lines
and watch out. I have come up with a replacement for the bothersome door
switches using solid state capacitive proximity sensors. They replace
the switches perfectly without any modifications to the switch mounting
holes. By using two relays and two sensors, I have replaced the three
Courtesy Light Switches. All existing wiring stays intact when and if
you ever want to return back to stock. Cost is going to be less than
$100 for the kit. There is a continuous small current draw from the
sensors. As a test I let my car sit for two weeks to see if the sensors
would kill the battery and it started right up. I also installed a
cutoff switch for extended storage periods and car shows so I wouldn't
have to pull the fuse anymore.

So if your tired of dead batteries, replacing the rubber tips on the
switches every month, blinking courtesy lights and stuck switches, give
me a email. Depending on the response it will probably take three to
four weeks to order parts, put kits and wiring diagrams and instructions
together. This project would be rated a medium mechanical/electrical
experience.

Dave Sontos
VIN 02573