re: Binnacle Lens Needed

>The one on my D now has what looks to be splattered >super glue. The glue probably melted the plexi a >little before it hardened making it impossible to fix

Before you give up completely on that plastic, take a look at some of the plastic modeling web sites (try www.finescale.com as a starting point). A common problem for aircraft models is scratches in the clear canopy pieces. These can be sanded out - modeling sandpaper is available in grits of 1200, 2400, and even higher, IIRC. I've never actually done this myself, I just vacuform a replacement canopy, but maybe one of the modeling sites will have some tips and techniques for you. I do know that you can remove all but the deepest scratches this way. If the melt spots on your plexi aren't too deep (and they should be fairly shallow), you may be able to recover your current plexi. Of course, you'll still have to figure out how to remove it...

Dave