Found D 4 Sale....question?

Hey everybody,
There has been a DeLorean for sale in my area (Pensacola, FL.) since
the end of October. I went at the beginning of November and sat in it and
looked it over but never talked to anybody. It's at a rinky dink used car
lot, and Wednesday I went back up there and actually talked with the owner of
the lot. Turns out some guy nearby (Gulf Breeze) owns it and is selling it on
the guys lot. All the guy said was "It's an '81 model, Volvo
engine"....that's it! And I noticed that it hasn't been moved since I first
saw it around Holloween. I asked him if the A/C works windows etc. or if the
engine ran at all and the guy said he didn't know....just that the guy did
drive it up to the lot. What he DID KNOW about the car was that the battery
was dead and the alternator was shot. But from what I saw.....
The body (stainless steel) is not dented and looks good even though it
has been sitting for months. I couldn't see any rust on the frame AT ALL,
from what I could see. The dash is not cracked, it has black interoir
w/5spd, hood lines w/flap 117,000miles. The passenger seat has a little part
of the black missing where I think it has just been worn, but not to bad, the
headliners are great. The plate said July '81 and the VIN# (which ended with
2144). The trunk (or hood?) area looked good with orignal spare tire and the
carpeting. The louvers were not cracked and went up great. The engine
compartment looked untouched (good or bad?) the coolant bottle was plastic.
The doors went up fine, but did sag a little but it was 50 or 60 degrees out?
but did stay up if pushed up. AND ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS, THE PRICE
$$$$$....he has had $14,800 written in the window but the car lot guy said
that the owner might let it go for $10,000!!! which I believe because the
owner hasn't even been in contact with the dealer and hasn't even came by to
check on it......probably just happy to get it out of the driveway.

SO MY QUESTION IS.....I wanna get that engine started to see what works
and what don't......Is there an alternator that I can pick up at Autozone,
NAPA, Advanced Auto, or something like that, that I can put in there? I heard
of a Delco, but do you have to get a bracket or something?? and I hope I can
just jump it from another car and the alternator will keep that battery
charged enough to check things out. Jumping a DeLorean is ok right? I
remember seeing a note in the engine bay or cover about it I think? And is
there something I should check for since it is a July '81?.....like a very
important or exspensive update?

Ben
VIN#....maybe 2144 someday...