Re: Re Road Noises

Lead?! Why would anyone want to use lead for a sound barrier on the D
or any car for that fact!! You know how much weight you would add to
the car? That would cause the car to have LESS performance (slower,
crappy gas milege..etc) which is something you don't want. You could
also damage your engine and/or tranny with the added weight by making
them work harder than they should be. Use neoprene mats, you can
easily find sound deading material at any good audio store..I found
that PC Richards is selling them (NY area at least). They use the
mats in the doors and trunks of cars to sound proof it so that the
stereo sound will be greater and resonate in the car...no sound
escaping from INSIDE the car. They also have Rubberized undercoating
for the car that is a sound deading material. You simply spray it on
the underside of the car. Although you might be able to lift the
carpeting in the D and spray it on the inside floor, you won't see it
after the rug is put back and it won't cause any headaches if you
need to do some repairs under the car (stuff gets everywhere). Most
Auto manufactures use this stuff to minimize the road noise (look
under you other cars besides the D, it's the black rubbery stuff that
has a wrinkle finish to it). The Draw back is that it is messy, if
you are doing it yourself, and not as good as the mat...but if you
use it in conjunction with the mat, it may decrease the road noise
considerably.

Steve
www.dmcman.homestead.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealty@xxxx " <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> A good source for lead is a vendor who sells lead for radiation
> shielding. When I had my hollow metal company we had from time to
time