Re: Re Road Noises

A good source for lead is a vendor who sells lead for radiation
shielding. When I had my hollow metal company we had from time to time
to supply doors and frames with lead sheeting installed for radiation
shielding for doctor's offices. We also used it for sound deadening.
One of the vendors was called Radiation Shielding and they were in New
Jersey but I don't remember the city. We bought it in sheets 36" wide
rolled up about 10' long and a roll was HEAVY. Handling it is not
dangerous as long as you don't grind or sand it. You can't breath in
shavings or slivers. Use gloves and don't eat near it or smoke. Try
Eastwoodcompany.com and look at Dynamat for sound, it isn't as heavy
and is easy to install.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Murray Fisher" <murrayf@xxxx> wrote:
> Several asked me for the source for that lead sound deadening
material. I am sorry, but it was several years ago and I just have no
records and no ideas where to even look.