Re: [DML] Re Road Noises

Twenty some years ago I also used a sound proofing blanket material that was a sandwich of closed cell neoprene foam with a lead sheet in between when we were sound proofing a machine room at work. Ten years later I again needed to soundproof a machine enclosure and contacted the company I had used before. They politely informed me that they no longer used lead because it was a hazardous substance. They now supply a closed cell neoprene with a plastic sheet sandwiched in between. Doesn't work half as good as the lead sheet though.

When I was redoing the interior of my "D", I used a PAS 1/4" thick closed cell neoprene sheet that came in 36" wide rolls on the bare fiberglass passenger wells and then covered that with 1/2" thick jute padding. Made a considerable difference but still not as good as the lead sheet stuff.

Dave Sontos
VIN 02573