Re: MORE Theory of operation (was Diode in Lock Module)

Re: MORE Theory of operation (was Diode in Lock Module)

Whoa Walt, I've thrown you into what appears to be an endless abyss of
possiblilites on the operation of the central locking system! And I
think you may be wrong with your "Lock Door" light theory. (Both of
them). If you look at the diagram again, you will notice that the
Lock Doors light recieves positive power (+12V) direct from the car.
The ground for the light come from the circuit for the unlock sense.
What this means is that there is a constant ground coming from lock
switches into the light and then the module when unlocked. Same thing
happens when locked, but then the light doesn't get a ground because
the ground is not on the lock sense, therefore it shuts off when
locked. This is why your lockzilla remote will not work if the doors
become out of sync, the module is getting a ground for both the lock
and unlock sense, so it CANNOT be activated again untill one of the
grounds are terminated, (hense, manually moving one of the locks).
I'm impressed by your electronics knoledge, but I would have thought
you would have realized that. It is a pretty screwy system, but
remember that this is central locking, and not tradtional locking, so
it needs to be a little different. Good luck with any new theories,
even though some of that stuff goes right over my head, I do find it
quite interesting.

Jim Reeve
-6960