Re: MORE Theory of operation (was Diode in Lock Module)

Re: MORE Theory of operation (was Diode in Lock Module)

I'm still wrong... Nothing is going to get to the 'lock doors' light
through R12. It must be blocking what's coming from the bias on Q11. This
wouldn't be enough to send a false signal to the light, but the presence of
the bulb would throw the bias off without the diode.

So....

Replace with the following:
"The purpose of diode D5 is to stop the 'lock doors' warning light from
pulling bias away from transistor Q11. There is no equivalent diode D5 on
the lock doors circuit because there is no equivalent 'doors are already
locked' dash warning light to interfere with transistor Q1. The function of
diode D13 is to allow the transistor to be switched on without the door
unlock switch interfering with the transistor's bias."

I'm sure there is another point or two which I have wrong, so I'm open to
criticism.

Walt Tampa, FL