Re: Relay Sockets (was fires)

Dave, As I'm writing this. I have the P & B or siemens sockets on my
bench now and the male side of the socket won't slide into the female
side of the(Rists)oem De lorean socket. Also the terminals in the
original De Lorean sockets are a thinner design and the Siemens are a
larger connector. They won't lock in .I will sell what I bought to
anyone who wants them. I now have terminals of the slim design to fit
the oem De Lorean socket, but I haven't found the replacement sockets
to fit.The Bosch socket will accept and lock in the thinner
connectors wires on the oem wires now in the De Lorean but the socket
also won't slide together without grinding down the male slide side.
I bought the Bosch socket from DMC Houston. I'm looking for the
original Rists sockets if anyone has them for sale or trade.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
>
> > At a car show a while back a vendor was selling boxes full of
relay
> sockets
> > just like what is used in the Delorean. I should have bought
> some. I
> > didn't buy any because I wasn't sure if they were the right
ones.
> I only
> > had the car for a few weeks by that time and wasn't too familiar
> with it.
> > Are those sockets easily obtainable or are they hard to find?
>
> Yep - common part. P&B (now Siemens) makes sockets for the relays
> (part number VCF4-1002), and socket terminals 26A1348B (14 gauge)
and 26A1348C (12 gauge). They will interlock with the DeLorean relay
sockets and look like the factory put them there. These are available
from industrial electronics supply houses. Probably a whopping $2
each. The terminals are a few cents. Siemens also make an excellent
replacement for all the factory relays except one (I don't recall
which) and they only cost about $5 each. They have a much higher
current rating (40A) and plug right in. See Darryl's excellent
article at http://www.dmcnews.com/zine.html issue number one for more
details and part numbers on the relays.