Relay Sockets (was fires)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:

> At a car show a while back a vendor was selling boxes full of relay
sockets
> just like what is used in the Delorean. I should have bought
some. I
> didn't buy any because I wasn't sure if they were the right ones.
I only
> had the car for a few weeks by that time and wasn't too familiar
with it.
> Are those sockets easily obtainable or are they hard to find?

Yep - common part. P&B (now Siemens) makes sockets for the relays
(part number VCF4-1002), and socket terminals 26A1348B (14 gauge)and 26A1348C (12 gauge). They will interlock with the DeLorean relay sockets and look like the factory put them there. These are available from industrial electronics supply houses. Probably a whopping $2 each. The terminals are a few cents. Siemens also make an excellent replacement for all the factory relays except one (I don't recall which) and they only cost about $5 each. They have a much higher current rating (40A) and plug right in. See Darryl's excellent article at http://www.dmcnews.com/zine.html issue number one for more details and part numbers on the relays.

Dave