Welcoming myself to the group

Hello List!

At first I joined the list to scope out the DeLorean scene, and after
some time I realized that I should buy one. Searching through EBay, I
was able to find what looked like the perfect D for me. Turns out
that it was Mike Babb's beauty. If any of you have seen Mike's site,
or spoken to him, then you know it would be hard to resist buying
from such a great guy. He certainly treated his D with care. Now that
it has changed hands, I hope to do the same.

Now, on to my first question...

There has been quite a bit of talk about frame rust. That seems to be
something that a newbie to the group like me should ask about. Where
exactly should I look for frame rust? Where are the hot spots for
rust? I've looked around on the frame and have noticed only a little
epoxy flaking and slight rusting of the front frame part just behind
the fan area. The area might be about 4 inches by 1/2 inch. What
should I do about this? Is there a way to test for rust spreading
along the frame under the epoxy?

Thanks a bunch for such a great resource!

-Tyler
vin #3472