[DML]Frame a little closer to half-way complete

[DML]Frame a little closer to half-way complete

Hey List,

Here is an update on the progress I am making on my frame. Today I
installed the fuel tank, connected the steel fuel lines to the feed and
return fuel lines that go into the fuel pump, then I installed about 1/2 of
the cooling pipes that run the length of the frame, I just noticed that on
one of my cooling lines, there is a crack in it and I have to get a
replacement. The good thing about it is that its in a spot that is easy to
reach so when I get the replacement it should be a breeze to install. At
around 4:00 PM it started raining so I had to put everything away for the
night leaving half of my frame sticking out of the garage :(. I rented
another kind of coil spring compressor, but that one didn't work either, when
it was just about the compressed enough for what I need, one of the hooks let
loose and before I knew it, all 3 compressor tools flew off in 3 different
directions and I had skinned my thumb a little. I was really lucky, I am NOT
trying this again. My brother told me that professionals use a machine to
compress the coils and then they strap them. I am going to see if I can go
to a place tomorrow and have that done, if I do get that done and its not
raining, then I am sure that I should have a rolling chassis by tomorrow
night and it will be a lot easier to move it around (right now I have the
frame on this thing I made out of 4x4's, 2x4's, and 4 swivel casters). Thats
all for today. Hopefully I should be able to get more work done on it
tomorrow. As always, any questions feel free to e-mail me.

Later,
Nick
1852
Http://members.aol.com/njp548