Re: [DML] Getting doors to stay up

Congratulations on your acquisition of a DMC-12! Do not feel alone in your
experience with the "drooping door" syndrome ... it happens to all of us
sooner or later.

First, you CAN replace the struts -- a relatively easy job -- but be sure you
get the right size and capacity. That may be all you'll need.

Second, DO NOT attempt to tinker with the torsion bar unless you are VERY
confortable with the process. The tension is extreme, and you can a) injure
yourself, and b) damage your car. This can be done, but do not experiment
with it unless you are very sure of yourself. And, as noted, the struts may
cure the problem and obviate fiddling with the torsion bars.

Good luck with the car! And please take my comment about the torsion bars
very seriously ... I have heard of people being severely injured trying an
amateur fix for them. If it does turn out that you need to tweak the bars,
either learn all about it first or consult with someone you trust who has
done this operation before ... and done it successfully!

Paul Feine