Lee's Model Kits- Answers

 Hi Everyone.

I sat down with Lee last night to talk about the Limited Edition model kits.
I am a friend of Lee's and I'm trying to help with the kits.

For a history of these kits, check out:
http://www.totalimmersion.com/delorean/dmchistory.html

Lee has about 25 yet to finish and he is planning to devote the month of
October to get them done. He hopes to have every last kit in the hands of
the owners before Christmas. They WILL get finished. The only way you won't
get your model is if you've changed e-mails and/or postal addresses since
you paid for your kits and not forwarded this to Lee or myself.

As to his mail and website, he had his ISP drop dead on him (they were
bought out by another company that only wanted their DSL services and they
pulled the plug on the rest of their operations -- without warning --). I
set Lee up with another ISP and got his mail and websites working again.
They have been fully in operation for several months:

http://www.radiance.com/
http://www.totalimmersion.com/
lseiler@xxxx
lseiler@xxxx

I don't know why people keep saying that the website is down. Granted, there
is no BBS on the site, but the model information and the contact info are
all in place.

Yes, it's been a long time. Lee is retiring from the software business and
he's had to devote almost all of his time to getting that done. That's why
I've asked people to contact me instead of Lee directly so that I can help
him with the model kits. He's also been busy making keys for the major
DeLorean parts suppliers which you can order from them with no waiting. Once
he's past the kits he'll start on the lighted keys. The molds have already
been cast and they'll have white LEDs for the light source.

Other DeLorean models:

Lee was commissioned by Sun-Star America (http://www.sunstartoys.com) to
assist in the design of a 1/16 scale die-cast DeLorean model. It's now in
Sun Star's hands and they project that the cars will be available starting
in February 2001. They will be available through the usual toy and die-cast
suppliers (and perhaps some of the DeLorean parts suppliers) for between
$24.95-$29.95. These are completed models with working doors etc., not kits.
They will not be a limited edition. The first production run will be 80,000
to 90,000 cars.

Please, let this be the last that we use the DML for this subject. Contact
me privately if you have any more questions.

Ken

get a reply from him about the kits. I'm not sure how long ago this was,
but it couldn't have been more than a few months ago. Do any of you know
much work it is to create a De Lorean model as painstakingly as Lee has
done? I know its been a long time, but I really think we should give Lee a
little slack on the model kits. Kayo Ong, why do you consider this a lost
> investment? You will get your model kit. If you went to Cleveland this
past June, you would have seen the special edition model kit Lee created for
the Cleveland event, so the kits do actually exist. It just takes time.
Just my 2 cents.