Lexan or Plexiglass windshields

>From what I understand most of the remaining NOS windshields have a
problem with delimanation(TRUE FACT) and as such,can a windshield be
made from Lexan or plexiglass to fit a Delorean,as the Delorean
windshield has no bends as far as I know,(maybe I may be wrong on
that,I maybe thinking Bricklin windshields)Would it be a legal
issue,I just need to do it to get the car thru safety inspection,and
then I would buy a new aftermarket windshield ie:expensive.I was
thinking two sheets of plexiglass joined together,cut to the specs of
a Delorean windshield
and fitted in place of the orignal windshield,once installed it would
be almost impossible to tell from a real windshield,My MAIN concern
is wind pressure,I know in the past GM(General Motors)and other car
makers had/has used plastic windshields,so that this is not a far
fetched idea,I know the big three "D" centers will say "NO",but I
want to hear from Delorean owners about this.Is it possible?The car I
need to put it on is a painted car,so that I am not worried about it
not being original.

Claude
000570