Re: [DML] Speedometer Readings

Bill,

The rear tire does not affect the speedo. Since the speedo is controlled by
the angle drive on the front wheel, it's diameter is the only one that
matters.

I've got the Yokos also, and we did some testing with my Dad's truck and my
wife's car using two-way radios, and the speedo in our D with the Yokos was
quite accurate. You may want to try this before you embark on any speedo
recalibrations.

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 09:51 PM 9/30/00 EDT, billschaferabn@xxxx wrote:

> After putting on my new Yoko AVS tires I noticed that it seemed my
>speedomter was registering faster speeds than my previous tires. I know the
>tires on the rear (235/60VR-15) were quite a bit larger in tire height than
>my old ones. The 195/60R-14 front tires are close to what I had on before.
My