dr c.

From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxx> Reply-To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [DML] Re: ABS Brakes (Was: Accident) Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:21:27 -0000

Not to be rude or anything, but why in the world would you want ABS
brakes installed? On my D I'm running fresh DOT4 brake fluid, X-
drilled rotors, semi-metalic brake pads, new shocks, and Yoko AVS
tires. Stopping is not a problem for my car at all! So far it's saved
me from drunk drivers, stupid drivers, garbage & other items flying
off of trucks, pedestrians, and even animals. I guess what I'm trying
to say here is before ripping somthing apart on the car in an attempt
to replace it, why not simply improve upon it first? The braking
system on the DeLorean is a damn good one! Granted that after 20
years some parts need replacing, and some can be upgraded to even
higher standards then before. I'm not someone who's looking for
simply originality, but practicality. Just something to think about...

-Robert