Re:Brake lever pops up

In a message dated 9/16/00 12:03:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, wmack@xxxx
writes:

<< my parking brake handle does not stay fully in the down position (brake
off). When i try to press it down, it pops up one click and the brake light
comes on.
Any ideas, suggestions? >>

Yep. Mine too. Slide off the rubber boot. I'll bet it won't happen
anymore. Ok, so you don't want a naked lever. Then do this: the door side
carpet is higher than the seat side. It's the boot snagging the carpet that
gives the problem. So, when you grab the booted lever, give the boot a
slight inward twist, so the bottom edge of the boot rotates toward the seat.
It will clear better. If that's not enough, double click it: go as far down
as it will go, then release the button. Press it in again and you'll find it
can be pressed down another click. Provided you rotated the boot inward.
Mine used to do this all the time 'til I figured this out!

-Wayne
"The New DeLorean Manuals project"