Re: Strange Noise and belt problem

Another thing you may want to check are the blades on the alternator
belt. If the are bent out too far they will slowly cut into the belt.
Fit the new alternator belt into place and tighten it up enough that
you are still able to turn the alternator itself by hand. Make sure
that the blades do not touch the belt as you rotate them. If they do,
you'll need to bend them back only slightly. When replacing the
alternator belt use only either one from a parts supplier or the belt
the Pep-Boys sells. While the Kelly-Springfield crossover is the
correct length and appears identical to the original it's not. The
K/S belt is too wide at the top and doesn't seat properly into the
pully's.

-Robert
vin 6585