From: jtrealty@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2000 12:23 PM
Subject: [DML] Re: Strange Noise and belt problem

What happened to you is not rare. One of the idler pulley bearings
seized up and broke the belt. They are easily replaced and put in a
new belt. If you didn't overheat the motor too much you should be
alright.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Joe Palatinus <jpalatinus@xxxx> wrote:
> Well Have I had an interesting weekend or what? After I put my
Delco
> alternator back in (had to get a bolt tightend and voltage regulator
> replaced) I noticed a squealing noise comming from the engine when
the
> alternator was under heavey load (A/c max blower 4) It would only
make
> this noise in idle or low gears. When I took the car to the
Alternator
> repair shop to ask what they though the noise was, the man assured
me that
> it was not the Alternator, but that the belt was not tight enough.
Sure
> enoguht, I got a crow bar, tightened the belt, and had no problems
for the
> rest of the day. The next morning I got the same noise. The belt
felt
> loose again, but the tensioner was still at the same place. I
tightened it
> to max and the noise went away that time as well. Last night, I was
> driving home, and all the sudden, my voltage went to 0, and as I was
> turning on my road, I watched my temperature guage rise like a
rabbid jack
> rabbit. I made it home on a GUll-wing and a prayer, immediately
shut off
> the car, and watched the gallons of coolant and smoke spew out.
After it
> cooled down I went out with a flashlight, and noticed that there
was
no
> Alternator/Water pump belt. I also noticed a lot of black dust by
the belt
> drive pulley. ( where the belt was suppsed to be)I had noticed this
black
> dust before, when the belt was there, but paid not attention to it.
The

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx