Importing a Delorean to the USA

Well, I did it! After three years of my Delorean living at my parents house in Toronto, I finally brought it home to the good old USA (after I managed to buy a house with a garage to keep it in).

I'd like to thank the list member (I can't remember who it was) that pointed out that the Delorean has an EPA sticker, as well as a badge that proclaims that it meets safety standards for the year in which it was produced. This information was sufficient proof of the vehicle's compliance, thereby eliminating the need to get a letter from the manufacturer (that might have been a little tough).

For anyone who is curious, importing a Delorean from Canada to the US is very straight forward. I was, however, required to pay duty, since the car was not manufactured in North America (I think it was 2.5% on the first $1000, and 1% for the rest or something like that). So, for those of you looking for a Delorean, don't rule out the Canadian offerings (just watch for rust!).

Eric Hennebury
VIN 17065 (now a permanent resident)