Temp Gauge/Engine Temperature/Zillas

Hello all,

I had my DeLorean serviced and installed a new waterpump. At the same time a small leak was discovered. The garage ran some kind of "radiator cleaner" through the system, it works by cleaning the coolant lines and hoses, and at the same time "seals" small leaks.

Wow! What a difference!

The engine is running very low on the temperature gauge after I did this service.

For those of you who can't remember the gauge: 260 - 220 - 100 F.

Previously my DeLorean had readings right below 220. After I had the car serviced, the reading is constant right between 100-220. If I drive in slow traffic now, the needle goes towards the 220 mark, but never reaches 220. In fact the needle stays just above the "-" mark between 100 and 220. Yesterday I was in a jam for about 15-20 min with no problems!

By the way, FanZilla is also a good investment. If your DeLorean starts getting a higher temperature when in a traffic jam, just turn on the A/C. The cooling fans will come on thanks to FanZilla. The fans come on sequentially, and not at the same time.

FanZilla has two advantages: You do not get the voltage drop as you did earlier + that you can turn on the A/C to get the engine temperature down whenever you feel for it!

Why wait for the fans to come on at around 220?

Also, I just installed TankZilla. The "low fuel" light is not blinking intermittent anymore. Now when it lights up then I really know for sure that I must find a gas station. The Fuel Gauge works as it should, and you get a new impression of our beloved DeLorean...You can drive many many miles before having to re-fuel ;)

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759