Hard to start...Please help!

Hello Joe! First of all thanks for your advice regarding the fuel pump installation. Everything works fine now.

I got my car back from the garage. It had a high idle, not the 750+/- it had before, but a reading of 1000/1500. I discovered a loose wire (green and black I think) on the top of the intake manifold. Checked the Parts Manual, discovered an idle speed switch under the intake. Connected the wire/connector to the top of the switch. Got a normal 750+/- idle speed again. Since it is working now I guess I did the right thing.

However, Id be grateful if you can confirm or deny that what I did was the right/wrong thing to do. Was it the correct fix or did I just do a quick non lasting fix? Please tell me.

The garage changed the waterpump too. On the left side of the waterpump there is a wire connector and switch. I noticed that the connector had two points sticking out. One of them was broken. What does this switch do? Is it dangerous to continue driving? I would say that one of the points are connected, but the other point only has intermittent contact. What is the function of this connector/switch. What does it do? Couldnt find anything in the Parts Manual.

Finally, my last question. My DeLorean is very very slow to start these days. I can keep cranking it for around 5-10 seconds before it starts. It kind of sputters to begin with, then it runs fine. Sometimes I have to stop cranking, and try again. Sometimes I have to crank it 3 or 4 times before it starts. After I crank it and it doesnt start, I hear clicks coming from the relay compartment (3 or 4 clicks) It is not the A/C. A/C is off. The battery is fully loaded. New battery. Changed the sparkplugs last year, same with airfilter. It is just as slow to start whether the engine is cold or warm... It was not like this a few weeks back. What could be the cause? My garage couldnt find the answer to this. I hope you can help.

By the way, I also installed a new catalytic converter and muffler. Could there be anything around this area that the garage has loosened? Im thinking of maybe a sensor or switch or something that may have something to do with the starting of the engine? Its really strange, because eventually the car will start, its just a matter of time. Its just very slow to get going. When it does start it runs fine.

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759