Re: [DML] Importing a Delorean to the USA

Re: [DML] Importing a Delorean to the USA

I did some research on this subject when I was considering a low-priced
project car in Canada. I believe that Canadian models are USA models in
metric, but I was never able to positively confirm that. Since, in my case,
the car didn't run anyway, I thought I'd import the engine and body
seperately. It was either that, or get a "Letter of EPA Certification" from
JZD, which I'm sure he would have been happy to provide.

What I never discovered is if the Canadian models were blessed with the EPA
stickers, in which case you are off the hook. If your stickers have "fallen
off" then you could order a replacement set from your favorite Delorean
Parts Supplier.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN #4695