Re: [DML] Main Fuel Relay

Mark,

I have the exact same problem with my D, and mine is also an automatic.
When I started it today for the first time, it idles fine. But when I step
on the gas, it hesitates and makes a very soft back-firing sound. With a
little warm-up time and a little coaxing, it runs almost like it should. I
describe the problem as having trouble 'breaking the idle threshold'. Once
it's running faster than 1500 RPM, then it accelerates fine after that.

Other symptoms I have:

When I am sitting at a light, take my foot off the break and put it on the
gas, the car will give the same hesitation. Basically, the car will barely
crawl forward. When I switch the a/c off, it accelerates much better after
that. Since I installed a 'John Hervey' edition 140amp alternator and a
Fanzilla, the car accellerates much better now. But still all is not right.

Another symptom that I have which may or may not be related:

While I am accellerating, the center a/c vents on the dash close so that
only the door vents work. When I am maintaining speed, then the vents come
back on. I hear that it is normal for some loss of vacuum especially on
automatics under heavy accelleration, but on my car this happens under ANY
acceleration.

I'm thinking maybe I have a bad vacuum tank and/or the vaccuum advance isn't
working on the distributor. Are you having the same vacuum problems that I
am?

Also, does the Delorean even have a vaccuum canister? And if so, where is
it and how can I check it?

Thanks y'all
Walt