Re: [DML] POR-15 for Frame restoration

Although I have not needed POR-15 on my DeLorean frame, my wife's Nash
metropolitan needed extensive frame TLC. I researched the available products
and chose POR. The paint over rust is just what the name implies, you need
oxidized or etched metal for it to bond. It is amazing stuff that dries to a
ceramic hardness.
The rustier the frame the better it works. There is even a putty available
for larger holes but is not structural enough for strengthening a frame.
If you use this stuff, use rubber gloves because it DOES NOT come off the
skin.
It has been on the Met for two years now and still looks like new. Also
remember it will not stick on the epoxy frame coating on our existing
frames.

Cecil Longwisch