Re: Torsion Bars supply

I believe you are referring to my post about the dangers of adjusting
the torsion bars. I do not mean to panic anyone about the current
supply of torsion bars it is my understanding that at this point in
time a sufficent supply exists. I just mean to highlight the dangers
in adjusting them and that it is one of the more exotic parts in a
delorean. There is no crossover to anything else and to have grumman
(if that is still their name) make a new batch would probably be
prohibitivly expensive. It would just be a shame to use up parts in
this manner ie: trying to adjust the doors without knowing how to do
it correctly and safely and ruining what would have been a perfectly
good part. By the way the bars are handed, that is there is a left
bar
for the left door and a right bar for the right door. Do not EVER mix
them up. There is also a limited supply of used torsion bars, they
are
just as good as n.o.s. if they are properly identified and handled
carefuly, DO NOT SCRATCH THE SURFACE.

David Teitelbaum
vin 10757