Re: [DML] Re: Chassis Undercoating...

In a message dated 8/2/00 11:49:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
srubano@xxxx writes:

<< Subj: [DML] Re: Chassis Undercoating...
Date: 8/2/00 11:49:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From: srubano@xxxx (Steve Rubano)
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx

<SNIP> Any one have any
other suggestions?

I have been using a product caled Ospho to treat rust on my '83 D. This
product has had very pleasing results. It turns the rusted metal into Iron
Phosphide instead of Iron Oxide. It uses phosphoric acid so you have to be
careful when useing it and wash it off after its done replacing the oxygen
but after that I have used 3m's rubberizing spray which will flex with the
metal so no more rust can come in. To make it look as though it were never
touched, I used a grey primer hat matched the color of the epoxy almost
exactly, I can't remember the name but I found it at a local parts store,
Napa or Track Auto maybe? Anyway, these products work extremely well and
strengthen the old rust.