Re: [DML] Re: Project Delorean Site Updated

Re: [DML] Re: Project Delorean Site Updated

Eric, as I mentioned on my site, this was simply a crude but effective way of
getting a good PRV6 motor with a bad Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel system to run. It
was never driven on the street. I just wanted to car to me mobile to move it
in and out of the garage, drive it up onto trailers, etc. In truth, even
after tuning, this system would've yielded less power, higher emmisions and
worse fuel economy due to poor fuel distribution. (It's also correct too in
that it wouldn't pass most visual emission inspections) The original fuel
injection system (or electronic fuel injection) is really the way to go.

Also, I was aware that there were older versions of the PRV6 that had
carbureted intake manifolds, but there again, I would have been buying parts
for a motor I don't intend to use. The way I did it, I only pruchased a
carburetor, fuel pressure regulator and a carburetor adaptor plate. All of
which will eventually get used on other projects. (I have no idea what I
could've ever used a carbureted PRV6 manifold for! A planter maybe? LOL) I
guess part of me wanted to see if I could do it too.

Thanks for checkin out the site!

Steve
VIN 2650

n a message dated 8/3/2000 2:33:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,