Re: Project Delorean Site Updated

I have to admit it's the first time I've seem a carbureted set up for
the DeLorean PRV-6 put in use. But there is a bolt on carburetor for
the PRV-6 engine. Would have been easier to install since it simply
bolts on and probably wouldn't have needed all the extra welding.
Plus you could have kept the ram-air intake and existing air box. Out
of curiosity does this type of a conversion hinder emissions testing?
On every vehicle I've had tested, the techs have always verified that
the vaccum hoses were connected exactly the same as they were
pictured on the routing diagram. If one was disconnected, they
wouldn't run the test untill it was hooked back up. Also, why
carburetion? I always thought the fuel injection was more efficient?
(not trying to criticize or anything, just honestly curious)

-Robert
vin 6585