Suspension modernising

Dear list,
I said a couple of weeks ago that I had taken "Delores" my (RHD vin 5638) in
be the test bed for the suspension up-grading being organised by Steve Wynne
and his British colleague, Paul Windsor at Wingray Autos in Liverpool,
England....Well I got my modified car back on Friday and I could not believe
the difference they have achieved! They have somehow managed to achieve the
impossible..the front of the car seems to iron out the bumps in the road,
without all the old "bone shattering jarring", yet the thing seems to go
around bends as if its on rails! Don't get me wrong I was happy enough to
accept the way it drove before ( just the same as my other D's) after all it
is a 20 year old design...but the improvements make it very similar to
driving a modern (European) car. It feels less tail happy when pushed near
the limit...also thanks to lowering the front an inch or so ( to the
origanal Lotus designed ride height), I am no longer looking AT the bonnet,
but over it. Under hard acceleration, in the past it always reminded me of a
plane, trying unsuccessfully to take off!
I will be very interested to see what the rest of you make of the upgrade
kit when it offered for sale.
The people doing the work are both old "pre-production" DeLorean/ Lotus
engineers, with some 50,000 test miles, on D's already under their belts,
who have gone on to run a very successful engineering firm doing only
suspension development work.
I had a very interesting tour of their gas strut / shock adsorbed
manufacturing facility, together with a look at all the computer generated
graphs etc. used in this project. I think this new "spring and damper" set
up will be a real winner...depending on price of course.

Anyone want to buy some old springs?

Chris DOC UK