Oil Leak

I've seen a few postings in the past dealing with oil leaks on the
engine block, on the left side of the car. And the fix has been to
replace either the oil pressure switch, or the seal for it. Just to
let everyone know, there is one other place to check. Behind the
tensioning bracket for the A/C belt, the is a small cover plate(#
102194) that's mounted in place by the 2 bolts that hold the A/C
bracket. Between the cover plate & the block there's an "O" ring
(# 102820). If the "O" ring was not properly inserted when the cover
plate was mounted, it can create a leak that will run down the block
and over the pressure switch. This was the case on our car and the
cause of the oil leak. Instant gasket will do a great job of sealing,
and it helps to hold the cover in place while you re-
mount everything (acctually pretty easy to do). This might be
something that you'll want to check next time you change belts.

-Robert