Re: [DML] Maintenance Questions

Your brake problem sounds as if you have some air trapped in the lines. Have
you checked the fluid level of the brake master cylinder? A brake system
flush and air bleed is a good place to start. Consult the technical manual
for that procedure. If that doesn't help, find a mechanic to help you out.
Another possibility to check into is worn out calipers. If your car sat for
any extended period of time, the pistons in the calipers can stick which
greatly reduces your stopping power. Local owners around you may be able to
steer you in the right direction. If not, do a little calling around to find
a mechanic you can trust.

The fiber-like covering is a heat shield and you are right, it is asbestos.
You can replace it with the same material or I believe there are other
alternatives, such as stainless steel. Check the dmcnews website for that
info.

Good luck!

Darren Decker
VIN 5000