Re: [DML] front end

Were you at the spring dust of in NJ last weekend? There was a car that
I was under that I commented did not have the upgrade...

If the stabilizer bar is bolted directly to the frame crush zone, then
you need the upgrade. The upgrade included a reinforcement brace then
went between the stabilizer bracket, and frame. I think the bolts were
also painted blue after the update was done.

That is the easiest way to see it, but there are some other things that
were done during the upgrade, such as a double nut on one of the arms,
and a cotter pin added to the lower ball joint.

I learned from Rob Grady this past weekend that there was a initial
recall on this item where the bolts were painted red, and then a update
to the recall where the bolts were painted blue.

I am sure one of the professionals on the list can give more detail.
(Me being a hobbyist!)

As far as cost goes, call your favorite part supplier and get a price.
I dont know what they go for.

Until you have the upgrade done, I would suggest you limit your use of
the car. A good pothole could take the front end out. Once the frame
has been damaged, it is a expensive repair.

Marc