RE: front end

Rick, its easy to tell if your car has the front-end recall/update. Look
underneath where the front anti-sway bar bushings bolt to the frame. If
updated, there will be a black steel plate, kind of an angle-iron looking
stamping about 8 inches long, between the bushing clamp and the frame. The
kit also includes stronger bushing clamps, ball joint nuts, etc., but you
would have to be familiar with both to recognize the updated ones. Of all
the updates, this is one of the most critical to have installed on your car.
You risk serious damage to the front frame (crumple tubes) without it. The
cost is about $143 from any DeLorean supplier, and the kit can be installed
by most anyone handy with a wrench.

Another recall to look for, one that is a lot less known about but one I
found out about the hard way, is lower ball joints. Look at the very bottom
of the lower ball joint, where the grease fitting is. If it is crowned like
a baseball cap, its the good one. If it is silver-dollar flat, I strongly
recommend getting new ones installed. They are pricey, about $85 each for
originals, but the incorrect ones are undercut where the threads meet the
tapered shaft, and can fail (trust me on that...).

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive