BTTF DeLorean Console

I realize that this is not a Back To The Future Mailing list, but I just had
to post this. For those of you not on ebay, the other week there was an
auction for an actual overhead console from one of the DeLoreans used in the
movie. To make a long story short, I won the auction and just received my
parts.

The seller told me he had gone to the backlot of Universal Studios quite a
number of years ago with a friend who worked there and saw one of the actual
cars (not a fiberglass mockup) almost stripped of all of it's parts i.e.
Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion etc. He was told by his buddy that the car was
in very bad shape. He went on to say that the car looked like it had been
wrecked or taken apart hardhanded and put back together again. The only
really salvageable part was this overhead console, and a small part of the
section behind the drivers seat that showed the power in the car. The
"tour" ended, and the seller went home. Later on that evening his buddy
came to his house and had the parts.

For those interested, I have uploaded a picture of the console in the vault,
the lower part is the aforementioned "power meter". As you can see the part
is banged up a bit, and missing 3 lightcovers but still in working order
after a bit of tweaking.

I do not know enough about all of the cars used in the movie, but could this
have been the remainder of the train parts car?

Jack Stiefel
DMC Vin: 3461
New York Lic: 1981 DMC
Visit our DeLorean site at www.geocities.com/rodeodrive/8601/delorean.html