[DML] Re: DOA vs DML

Since I myself have not read the article yet, I don't feel totally
justified in commenting on it. However, I do have a few thoughts... A
while ago, a few of the list members tried to get a new club off the
ground to better serve the intrests of owners & enthusists alike. As I
remember, the club was known as the "De Lorean Motor Club" I think.
What I'd like to see is if this club (or another) could possibly get
off the ground, and work with both the DML here on the internet, and
with our parts suppliers: DMC Houston, DMC Garden Grove, DeLorean
Services, Specialty Automotive, & P.J. Grady. And to work with the
smaller regional clubs as well (Midstate, Midwest, Atlantic, SE, SW,
Michigan, PNDC, Oregon, etc...). While the DML would still be free to
everyone, procededs from membership dues could help pay for the
internet fees. It could also be used for things such as the production
chronology, gift items, conventions, and we could bring back the DMC
News 'zine. More importantly though, we would be able to share info,
and present the DeLorean to the rest of the world better than ever
imagined, publicly! A way to encourage membership might be to keep the
'zine online with access for memebers only, but since there would be no
printing costs involved, dues could be keep affordable for enthusists
alike! We could also have things such as online chat sessions for
members only as well, but these are things that would have to be
hammered out... Even if this doesn't pan out, I think that it would be
interesting for some of us DMLers to attened the next DOA meeting @ the
Peterson Automotive Museum. We wouldn't be there to interupt
procedings, just to listen in and see how things run. If any questions
are asked, we should keep everything professional and courteous. The
purpose of this is not to nessisarily run the DOA into the ground, or
to even exclude it, but this is about change. It is a different world
today than it was when the Association was first started, and nothing
reflects that more than the DML! I think that the DOA should be given a
rightful chance to work with us and FOR us as was intended. But I have
a personal feeling that they will refuse to do so... Questions
comments, just add an "s" into my e-mail address.

-Robert