[DML] Re: Air conditioning from R12 to R13

[DML] Re: Air conditioning from R12 to R13

Obviously, everyone has their own opinions/facts of the conversion to R134a.
Just short of 2 years ago, I had my DeLorean converted to 134. It was done
at a local shop and they have done a great job. The car gets so cold that I
have to run the A/C at a lower (warmer) level to make the environment
comfortable. I have not had any problems - yet. When the conversion was
done, I had a leak and the shop repaired that. Now everything is good and
cold (knock on wood).

I am sure that in many other applications (ie. station wagon, vans, sport
utility, etc.) where there is a large volume of space to cool, that there
would be an incredible performance drop, but I guess due to the small
DeLorean environment to be cooled, this becomes less of an issue.

Sean Howley
VIN#2345