[DML] Re: Transmission parts....

When I rebuilt mine two winters ago, (bad third gear sliding gear/synchro) I
was able to get all of the external seals (and the rollpin that you always
need) very reasonably from Grady. Internal parts were another matter.
Expensive and very long lead time. I ended up buying another (used)
transmission that had a hole through the case from a failed spider gear that
lodged under the ring. This was cheaper than buying the internal parts
separately. I believe that third gear, all by itself, was several hundred
dollars. I just swapped in the 3/4 cluster (upper shaft assy) and it's fine.
BTW - if anyone needs the 1/2 (lower) cluster or other parts, just drop me a
note.

You could look for Renault Fuego parts, but they are probably more hard to
find than DMCs since most of them hit the crusher 10 years ago.

dave

>From: "Richard Cutter" <dmc_power@xxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Mark...

As any car gets older and cranks up miles, things need to be renewed and
seals changed to minimize oil loss..I will take your advise and contact
Rob... THANKS.... R.C.