[DML] Re: Over-valuing our DeLoreans p II

[DML] Re: Over-valuing our DeLoreans p II

In a message dated 3/10/00 3:14:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
SEDeLorean@xxxx writes:

<< If you own a DeLorean that is valued at or around 25k, why would you sell
it for 15k?

The answer:
You wouldn't.

Wrong. I know an owner who had a car appraised by one of the largest D
places at 25k in writing who recently sold it for around $15k. It was for
sale for months. Was probably never offered at 25k. I had been restored and
upgraded, but still, you could see a bit more wear and age than I'd like to
see for $18 or even 15k. I know another car that has been for sale in
Hemmings practically forever, which also had a pile of money spent on it at
another D place which the shop owner confirmed to me. And another: the car
looked brand new inside, had a ding on the hood and door, and a need for
fascia paint. A full resto took months and a lot of $, as the D shop owner
confirmed. Sold for $15 or 16k I recall. Unless you're really lucky, it's a
slow moving market.
Another reason: some owners get tired of waiting to sell, while enduring an
onslaught of tire kicking joyriders, who'd love to grind the gears in a real
"Back to the Future car" but no way on earth have the resources or intention
to buy

-Wayne