[DML] Re: Over-valuing our D's/repair costs

[DML] Re: Over-valuing our D's/repair costs

My experience with the DeLorean is for the most part they are over priced. I have looked at many DeLoreans and have seen prices upwards of 28K for cars that should be selling for around 15K. The fact is these cars are 20 yrs old and the parts reservoir is, lets face it slowly depleting.
With owners getting the price that they ask for? Some so but most dont. In my town there was a DeLorean for sale at 17.5K at had 45,000mi and the dash/interior was in ok shape. The were some other little things that would add up to a 5K repair bill. The car had a for sale sign on it for about 2 1/2 yrs. I dont think it was ever sold. There also was a DeLorean for sale on LI NY with 741mi. It was practically new. Apparently a man bought it and shortly passed away his wife kept it in the garage for years after. Which also meant the fuel system was probably contaminated and it needed all the upgrades. I dont think that warrants a 27K price tag.
I know that DeLorean 1 sells reconditioned D's for 50K. Wow, thats steep. Does anyone know what they do to these cars? Do they build them from brand new parts from the frame up?