[DML] Re: Cup holders

All I said was that you should drink something before your drive or after the drive when you
get out of the car. You can transport whatever you are drinking in a water bottle or anything
else that will hold the liquid, then you can drink it when you want, but not while driving. You
can also take those plastic bottles that bottled water comes in and put whatever you want
to drink in there - that's what I do.

I am guessing that in 1981-1983, carrying a drink in the car was not a concern, but now
with all of these coffee shops it is a problem. Maybe one of the De Lorean suppliers will
look into this and may decide to develop a cup holder. The problem is still where to put
the damn thing.

The Genius

>On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 8:58:47 - Steven G. Rogers wrote:
>Guys,
>This is not helpful advice - really! Next you'll suggest if you don't want to waste gas
>don't drive!
>
>Please. At no point in my original query did I say I want to drink (or smoke, where the
>heck did that come from???) while driving. I guess The Genius didn't even read his own
>reply since I'm not sure how I'm supposed to drink my drink after I get out of the car
>without being able to transport it??? which is my original concern. I don't want to drink
>while driving. I use my car daily - and when I buy lunch to take back to work, I want
>someplace to hold the drink - that's a pretty reasonable request.
>
>Many people have written with good suggestions - It's clear our cars were not designed to
>deal with this issue - and it's a real issue worth real suggestions. And there have been
>enough responses to let me know this is a concern for many of us. Frankly, I see an
>opportunity here for someone to design and sell something tailored to our cars - that's
>what this forum is for.
>
>>dmc-xii wrote:
>>I second that. Avoids the hassle and problems. Just drink something before you leave or
>>when you get out. If you really need to drink in the car, I suggest water so that if it spills,
>>it won't make a sticky, slimy, disgusting mess.
>>
>>The Genius
>>
>>>On Thu, 02 Mar 2000 08:52:59 Marc A Levy wrote:
>>>
>>>My solution: Dont drink and drive!
>>>
>>>The rules of my cars are no food, drink, or smoking at any time!

MailCity. Secure Email Anywhere, Anytime!
http://www.mailcity.com